Medical masks are generally divided into disposable medical masks, medical surgical masks and medical protective masks. Different types of medical masks have different technical standards and different shapes. Of course, the most important thing is that different types of medical masks have different barrier ability to microorganisms and resistance to penetration of blood and body fluids, so that they are suitable for different occasions.
In medical institutions, the most frequently used medical surgical masks. The standard medical surgical mask consists of three layers, the outer layer and the inner layer are non-woven fabrics, and the middle is a melt-blown fabric. The outer layer blocks body fluids, the middle layer absorbs particles, and the inner layer absorbs moisture.
Medical surgical masks are suitable for medical personnel to prevent blood, body fluids, and splashes from splashing into the mouth and nose when performing invasive operations, and for the protection of diseases transmitted by droplets. In the following scenes, you should see a medical surgical mask:
1. During surgery;
2. During dental operations such as tooth extraction and tooth cleaning;
3. Hot clinics and outpatient clinics of general hospitals (not limited to this. It is strongly recommended: medical staff should wear medical surgical masks in any places that may be exposed to patients with respiratory tract diseases);
4. Patients suspected or diagnosed with airborne or droplet-borne diseases (when the condition permits) and their families;
Knock on the blackboard!
Once the medical surgical mask is worn incorrectly, it will not only fail to provide the protection it deserves, but will increase the wearer's discomfort. There are many ways to distinguish the inside and outside of the mask. Let's take a closer look:
1. Judging by the color: In order to make it easier for clinical use to distinguish during manufacture, the outer layer is mostly light blue or dark; the inner layer is mostly white or light. But this method is not suitable when the color inside and outside the mask is the same;
2. Judging from the feel: the outer layer has a smooth surface because of its water blocking function; while the inner layer has a moisture absorption effect, more materials with good breathability are selected, which are more delicate and comfortable;
3. Judging from the position of the nose clip: the bead of the nose clip (metal strip) is generally in the middle and outer layers, not the inner layer. The more protruding side of the plastic strip is usually the outside. After wearing the mask, the wearer should use two hands to press the nose clip to make the mask fit snugly with the nose and face. The nose clip is on the outer layer, which is more convenient for shaping;
4. Judging by the direction of the wrinkle: the metal strip (nose clip) is on the top, the side with the wrinkle down is the outside, and the side with the wrinkle up is the inside. The purpose of this design is to avoid liquid retention. When the mask is splashed by blood and body fluids, the splash will not accumulate in the folds of the mask;
5. Judging from the product "trademark": if there is a product trademark on the mask, the side that can read the trademark positively is the outside;
6. Judging from the waterproof performance: the side that does not absorb water is the outside, and the side that absorbs water is the inside. This method can be used to simply check the waterproof and hygroscopicity of medical surgical masks, but it is not suitable for the identification of the inside and outside of the mask before each wearing;
7. Consult the instruction manual or consult the manufacturer.